Here are answers to the most frequently asked questions about buying, region, emigrating and renting. Do you have another question? Then please call our office, we are happy to help.


If you have an identity card, you can buy a house in Spain just like that. But there are a number of procedures to go through when buying a property. In these, proper guidance is essential. It is therefore important that you choose an estate agent you can trust. A reliable lawyer is also important, because he will take care of all the Spanish documents and check them. Unico Properties will guide you through the entire process of purchase. Thanks to our knowledge of the Costa del Sol and the way of working in Spain, we can assist you competently. In addition to your identity card, in Spain you must also have a NIE number. This is a Spanish residence permit that allows you to conduct financial transactions in Spain.
You have found your dream home, great! But how will it actually be paid for? To live in Spain, you need a Spanish bank account. Through this account a reservation amount will be paid to take the property off the market. Afterwards, the remaining purchase amount will be paid by bank check at the notary, at the time of signing "the deed of transfer". This cheque can be issued by your bank in Spain.
After you buy a house in Spain, you have to pay the taxes for the house annually. The annual fixed charges when you own a property in Spain: Property Tax (IBI). The rates vary by municipality between 0.4% and 0.9%. Community fees. This is the common cost of the complex where you bought your property. Cleaning fee (garbage collection). This amount varies by municipality, but usually amounts to around €500 per year. Building and contents insurance. Get your own quote from your Spanish insurance company. Only for non-residents: You need to declare 2% of the cadastral value for Spanish income tax. If you rent out the property you will pay income tax in Spain on the rental income.
As a foreigner, you may live in Spain for as long as you wish. Are you emigrating to Spain and living there more than 6 months a year? Then you must apply for residency (resident in Spain).
The answer is yes. Generally, banks apply more flexible or restrictive terms to the mortgage based on the nationality of the potential customer. There are certain factors that make this possible but is different for each situation.


In many ways, life in Spain is a lot more pleasant than in other countries. Not only is the temperature more pleasant, investing in real estate is often more attractive on the Costa del Sol. For this reason, more and more foreigners are choosing to invest in real estate in Spain.
The Costa del Sol belongs to the province of Malaga and is one of the most attractive tourist destinations in Spain. It offers its visitors a wide range of activities and attractions. Visit our blog for great addresses in the area. onze blog
Marbella is probably the most famous seaside resort on the Costa del Sol. The city is mainly known as the fashionable seaside resort in Spain. Furthermore, Marbella is known for the many golf courses that can be found in and around the city. It is also home to the most important marina on the entire Costa del Sol, "Puerto Banús. Today, this marina is the meeting place of movie stars, wealthy Arabs and the richest of the rich.
Cost of living in Spain is lower. It is 41% cheaper to live there compared to the United Kingdom. It is also 44% cheaper than New York City, 35% cheaper than Los Angeles and even 8% cheaper than Brussels.


There are a number of things you need to consider in advance. The main costs associated with emigrating are renting or buying a home and the trip you make to Spain from your country of origin. Don't forget to import your belongings, there are often costs associated with this as well. Once you arrive in Spain, there are administrative costs to consider. Applying for a NIE number, residency, a bank account and insurance.
To begin with, it is very interesting to gather information from foreign representation. This may be a lawyer, but you may just as well speak to someone who has embarked on the adventure before. If you decide to emigrate permanently, you will have to report it to your municipality. Also take into account the cancellation of insurances and subscriptions. Some things you should definitely also think about: work, pension, health insurance, household contents, transportation and bank accounts.


Whether you choose to organize a short-term or long-term rental, you must always apply for a permit to rent out your property. To obtain such a permit, the property often needs to meet a number of conditions (regarding security, presence of air conditioning, internet, etc.). Be well advised and draw up the right rental contracts if you wish to rent out your property. This way you will not be confronted with surprises. Unico Properties provides a rental service for all its clients. Rent out your property without worries because we do all the work for you. Contact us to get more information about our services.
Unico Properties relieves you completely when making rental plans. We contact our reputable lawyer and together complete all the required documents.
For a rental license you will pay €250 with additional VAT.
In Spain you can rent out an unlimited number of properties. There is no legislation limiting the rental period of a property.
The average return in Spain is 6.7 percent with peaks of almost 8 percent along the Spanish coast. Costa del Sol is therefore the ideal place to purchase a property as an investment.
When renting out, you have to pay 19% tax on rental income. Costs incurred on the rental property are deductible, but limited. Expenses are deductible in the proportion that you rent out the property, so when renting for 100 days, 100/365 of the expenses are deductible.